Sigils are something that I use in my practice all the time. They are a great way to boost your intention and add energy to it. Sigils are also totally unique to you. You can get them online or create them yourself.
A sigil is by definition,
“An inscribed or painted symbol considered to have magical power.”
A sigil can be anything. There are many widely known ones on the internet that you can use or you can make your own. Most of the time I make my own because my craft is so personal. There are many ways to make sigils as well. Some people just draw a picture or design and charge it, therefore making it a sigil. You can find probably hundreds of different ways to make sigils on the internet but I like to do it like this…
- Write out your intention.
- Cross out all of the vowels and repeating letters.
- Write out the remaining letters.
- Use all of the letters in a design.
- Charge it- you can do this through meditating with the sigil or with bodily fluids and probably a lot of other ways.
- When you’re done you can burn it.
I like this method because it is so simple and sigils can be placed anywhere. How they work is when you look at them enough your brain associates that symbol with your intention and it becomes ingrained in your subconscious. Once your subconscious thinks that your intention has already happened it will come to you. This takes time and practice but once you get the hang of it, it can really help you.
One thought on “Sigils”